If you have children and youth aged 4 to 18, you may be eligible to receive a subsidy for community recreation programs and/or summer day camps offered by local municipal recreation departments in York Region.
You may be eligible if you:
Live in York Region and have children.
Live in Social Housing and pay rent geared-to-income.
Are receiving Ontario Works benefits.
Are receiving Child Care Fee Assistance and earn an income that is within low-income guidelines established by York Region.
PLAY (Positive Leisure Activities for Youth) Program
Subsidies are available for children 4-18 years to attend recreation and sport programs, such as swimming lessons, dance lessons, or sport programs, in your local municipality.
- Program fees are covered in full up to a maximum amount approved by York Region.
- If your family is approved for subsidy, complete your registration with your local recreation department
- Space in programs is not guaranteed by York Region.
- Approval takes place each session.
For more information and to be approved for PLAY, call KIDS LINE: 1-888-703-KIDS (5437) Option #6.
Summer Day Camp
Subsidies are available for children 6-13 years to attend summer day camps offered by local Parks and Recreation Departments.
- Camp fees are covered in full, up to a maximum amount approved by York Region.
- Once approved for subsidy, complete your registration with your local recreation department.
- Space in camps is not guaranteed by York Region.
All Adobe Acrobat PDF files require that you have a PDF viewer.
(A free download is available from the Adobe Web site.)