Road Design Guidelines
These guidelines have been developed to assist York Region staff and design consultants who prepare road construction tender packages for the Regional Municipality of York.
Tender packages developed in accordance with these guidelines will identify potential conflicts prior to construction, require fewer redline corrections, reduce plan review and preparation time by Regional staff and design consultants.
Version Control & Updates
These design guidelines receive continuous updates. It is recommended that consultants visit this site on a monthly basis to ensure that they are using the latest version of these design guidelines. A version control and update tracking document has been established to assist you with your updates.
Electronic Access & Downloading
Road Design Guidelines (99 MB zip file)
How to use the zip file
1. Download and save the zip file to your network server or a suitable desktop location
2. Extract the zip file to an appropriate directory on your file server or a suitable desktop location
3. Open the MS Word document named RDGL's.doc.
1. As you view this document you will notice a number of hyperlinks (blue text). These hyperlinks will take you to various design tools, templates and forms that are located within the Appendices Folder. They will also take you to many useful web-page resources.
2. The intent of all the tools , templates and forms is for them to serve as a template document that can be modified to suit the needs of your project.
3. To use the hyperlinks, press and hold the Ctrl Key on your keyboard and double click the hyperlinked text.
4. Should you experience problems with the hyperlinks, copy the files directly to a CD and access the guidelines through the CD.
Last updated: November 22, 2012