The Regional Municipality of York, continues to create and support corporate initiatives and programs to help better serve its employees and the business needs of the Region.
York Region views diversity of our workforce as a strength and is committed to respecting cultural differences and promoting respect and dignity in the workplace.
CANADA'S 100 TOP EMPLOYERS
Being named by Mediacorp in Maclean's magazine as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for our progressive human resources practices only serves to confirm what our dedicated staff have always known: York Region is not only a great place to live, it's a great place to work.
Corporate Mission Statement
Staff at the Regional Municipality of York are committed to providing cost effective, quality services that respond to the needs of our rapidly growing communities
- Integrity - Do what you say, trust, be honest, do the "right" thing for the right reason
- Commitment - Commit yourself to public service, have positive interactions with both internal & external customers, be dedicated and professional
- Accountability - Be responsible for your own words and actions, be reliable, do not "pass the buck"
- Respect - Consider others (i.e. other opinions, ideas, jobs/roles), resolve conflicts in a non-threatening manner
- Excellence - Do a good job, possess a high standard of performance, continue to improve, produce quality work.
Salary programs are not the only consideration when choosing a place to work. There are "other" reasons which are often described by an employer's "Total Rewards" program.
Click here to view a list of York Region's "Total Rewards"
Map of York Region
Located north of Toronto, York Region is comprised of the following nine area municipalities: Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King, Markham, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan and Whitchurch-Stouffville.
Click here to use YorkExplorer, York Region's interactive mapping software.