York Region Publications
York Region produces a number of printed publications each year, which are available to the public. These publications are also available in electronic format (HTML or PDF). Below is a current list of publications available for viewing, listed alphabetically with the year of publication listed for reference.
- A Balanced Scorecard for York Region Public Health (2009) - Performance indicators for major public health initiatives.
- Climate Change - The Climate Change Discussion Paper was prepared to foster and inform discussion between Regional staff and our partners around how we can adapt to the major, unpredictable impacts associated with climate change.
- Changing Landscapes: Recent Immigrants Living in York Region - Examines the social and economic characteristics of recent immigrants - those who immigrated between 2001 and 2006 - living in York Region, using 2006 Census data.
- Community Snapshots: Recent Immigrants Living in York Region - A demographic profile of York Region based on the 2001 Census.
- Community Portraits: Immigrants Living in York Region - English / French
Provides an overview of the unique needs of women, youth, seniors and francophone immigrant groups based on socio-demographic data, community consultations and other research studies.
- Economic Analysis of Human Service Costs to 2031 (2010) - Recommendations for Enhancing Human Services Planning in The Regional Municipality of York
- Economic Strategy - A blueprint to help sustain our economic vitality.
- Economic Development Review (2012) - Key economic indicators, statistics and trends for York Region.
- Employers Opinion Survey (2004) - Employer perspectives of their ability to attract and retain employees based on ability to find appropriate housing, transportation and transit within York Region.
- Employment and Industry (2011) - An annual report highlighting employment growth trends by industry sector and by municipality.
- Farm Fresh - A listing of local farms and farmer's markets in York Region.
- GTA Agricultural Action Plan (2005) - Strategy to keep the GTA agricultural industry competitive in the face of the economic, land use and environmental pressures.
- Housing and Our Economy, Remaining Competitive (2004) - An overview of population, labour force, employment and housing in York Region.
- Housing Matters - An overview of housing demand, the housing market and programs and services that support York Region residents.
- Housing York Inc. Annual report 2011 (2011) - An overview of the activities of Housing York, York Region's non-profit housing provider, in 2011.
- Information Technology Strategy and 5 Year Plan (2006) - York Region's plan for technology implementation.
- Low Income Profile (2011) A Profile of York Region's Low Income Population: Update - Outlines the social and economic characteristics and trends of the low income population in York Region based on 2006 Census data.
- Low Income Profile (2004) - A profile of the social and economic circumstances of residents living on low incomes in York Region, based on 2001 Census data.
- Opportunities for Investment - Key economic facts to help locate your business in York Region.
- Our Children - A Preliminary Status Report on York Region's Children (2004) - Data used to compare progress in improving children's lives in the Region.
- Take a Hike Guide - Maps of hiking trails in the York Regional Forest.
Taking Stock – Provides an overview of the housing system in York Region
- The Road to Inclusivity: An Action Plan for York Region Report of the Inclusivity Summit (2005) - A community plan to increase York Region's capacity to respond to and meet the needs of immigrants and new Canadians. Inclusivity Action Plan Brochure (2005)
- Sustainability Strategy (2007) - A long-term framework for making smarter decisions about all municipal responsibilities that better integrate the economy, environment and community.
Vision 2051 - York Region's long-term strategic document; a 40-year blueprint for the Region's future.
- York Region Business Directory (2010) - Information about the thousands of businesses in York Region.
- York Region Discovery Guide (2009) - A guide to restaurants, entertainment, hotels and other tourist destinations in York Region.
- York Region Local Immigration Partnership: Immigration Settlement Strategy - Sets a vision to support the overall well-being of newcomers to create a community that is welcoming and inclusive for all residents. The strategy was funded by the Government of Canada through Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- York Region Official Plan - York Region's Official Plan was approved by the Province of Ontario and is currently under appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board
- York Works - A semi-annual Transportation Services and Environmental Services newsletter that is sent to all homes in York Region.