YRT/Viva marketing campaigns
NEWMARKET – York Region Transit (YRT)/Viva undertakes several marketing campaigns each year with the goal of communicating the benefits of public transit and growing ridership.
Some recent campaign activities include:
- Light Pole Advertising: Bright, outdoor banner ads suspended from light poles along Viva routes communicate seasonal information to residents.
- Customer Appreciation Events: Transit staff greet riders in person at terminals throughout the Region to offer thanks and a treat for the commute.
- YO! Transit Ambassador Program: An informational high school program run for students, by students, in association with YRT/Viva staff.
- Community Outreach: Attendance at over 100 community festivals and events to share information and provide one-on-one trip planning and transit support.
- Community Safety Village and Toby the Transit Bus: A YRT/Viva transit stop and building are located in the heart of Bruce’s Mill Community Safety Village (CSV) in the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville. Toby the mini-talking transit bus can be found at CSV events, educating children about the importance of bus safety and public transit in the community.
- One System Campaign: A mass media advertising campaign featuring real YRT/Viva drivers and riders to reinforce YRT/Viva as one system of seamless transit service. Tag line: One system. Twice as many ways to connect.
- rideQuest Click and rideQuest Call: A print and electronic advertising campaign promoting the new YRT/Viva on-line trip planner and 24/7 automated phone service. Promoted via mass distributed postcards, various print ads and electronic animated ads.
For more information about YRT/Viva, please visit the YRT/Viva website at www.yrt.ca
or call the Customer Service Centre at 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978).
For more information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit www.york.ca
- 30 -
Kim Sinclair, Communications Specialist, York Region
Phone: 905 830-4444, ext. 1209 or Cell: 905 251-6412
If you are unable to access information on this page with your “screen reading software”, please call 905-830-4444 extension 1233 and someone will assist you.
If you are directed to and answering machine, please leave a message and your call will be returned to you within 24 hours.