The Sexual Health Program includes sexual health clinic services, the sexual health phone line and health promotion initiatives to promote sexual health.
Sexual Health Clinics
Sexual health clinics are located throughout York Region and provide the following services in a non-judgmental and confidential environment:
- Counselling and education on contraceptive options, sexually transmitted infections including HIV, sexual orientation, sexuality and relationships
- Contraceptives at reduced cost
- Pregnancy testing, counselling and referral
- Emergency contraceptives (Plan B)
- Sexual health examinations
- Testing, diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- HIV testing including anonymous HIV testing and rapid Point of Care HIV testing
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B immunization
- Free condoms
- Needle exchange
Check out our seven minute Healthy Sexuality video
for information on our clinics and answers to some commonly asked sexual health questions. Please note:
The age of initiation of frequency of pap testing has been updated since the release of this DVD. Please refer to the 2012 Ontario Cervical Cytology Screening Guidelines for more detailed information, www.cancercare.on.ca/screenforlife
Sexual Health Phone Line
Public health nurses provide confidential counselling and support, referrals to services and make appointments for the Sexual Health Clinics. Call Health Connection at 1-800-361-5653 and select the Sexual health line or TTY 1-866-252-9933.
Sexual Health Clinics (interactive map & directions) are located at the following sites.
All clinics are wheelchair accessible
To book, reschedule or cancel an appointment or for more information, please call Health Connection at 1-800-361-5653 and select the Sexual Health Line.
Call the clinic directly during clinic hours to obtain test results or cancel a same day appointment.