York Region's National Public Works Week 2009 celebration was made possible by the work of a small, cross-departmental steering committee that met regularly from November 2008 to May 2009.
The members of the committee are:
- Bonnie Alexander: Transportation Services, Commissioner's Office (Team Leader)
- Tasia Slinko: Environmental Services, Customer Service
- Caroline Berryman: Transportation Services, York Region Transit
- Jason Valtas: Environmental Services, Water and Wastewater
- Leslie Gilbert: Environmental Services, Waste Management
- Marysia Hopkins: Transportation Services, Accounting
- Paul Ham: Transportation Services, Roads
- Tony Pulla: Transportation Services, Roads
- Sabrina Ker: Environmental Services, Graphics
- Michelle Kirvan: Transportation Services, Commissioner's Office
- Michelle Herder: Office of the CAO, Customer Service
- Michael Kemp: Office of the CAO, Corporate Communications
The steering committee all work for The Regional Municipality of York, an upper-tier municipality that has nine communities representing just over 1 million people.
For more information about York Region, please visit www.york.ca