Home Repair Program
The Home Repair Program offers grants of up to $7,500 per year, with a lifetime maximum of $15,000, to low and moderate income homeowners who need modifications to make their homes accessible or critical repairs to improve the safety of their homes.
The program can help with critical repairs or accessibility modifications such as:
- Ramp installations
- Accessibility enhancements such as bathtub conversions to walk-in showers, porch lifts and interior stair lifts, grab bars, raised toilets, lighting improvements and handrail installations for interior and exterior stairs
- Urgent repairs to roofs, windows or other areas that jeopardize your ability to live safely in your home
- Critical furnace repairs or replacements that jeopardize your ability to continue to live safely in your home or help address problems associated with your health condition
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Homeowners must meet all of the following eligibility criteria to qualify for assistance:
- You own a home in York Region and it is your primary residence
- Your home is worth $459,170 or less according to your most recent Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) assessment or property tax bill
- The total income for the homeowner(s) and everyone who lives in the household with you is $77,276 or less
- Your home needs modifications to accommodate a household member who has a disability or your home needs an urgent repair for safety reasons
- The work you require has not already been completed. Work completed prior to approval by York Region is not eligible
For more details, please refer to the application guide for full eligibility requirements.
How Do I Apply?
Eligible homeowners are encouraged to apply early as funds are limited. Applications will be processed as they are submitted. York Region will contact you with a decision within about six weeks of receiving your completion application.
- Download the program guide and application form here:
- Request an application package by mail: Send your mailing address to email@example.com or phone Access York at 1-877-464-9675 (TTY 905-895-4293)
Submit your completed application form and all supporting documents by mail to:
Home Repair Program Coordinator
The Regional Municipality of York
Community and Health Services Department
Housing Services Branch
17250 Yonge Street, 3rd floor
Newmarket, ON L3Y 6Z1
Who do I contact for more information?
For full eligibility requirements and additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Access York at 1-877-464-9675 (TTY 905-895-4293).
Home Repair Program