Housing York Inc.
Welcome to Housing York, York Region’s non-profit housing corporation.
- Established in January 2003
- Seventh largest social housing provider in Ontario
- 36 housing properties
- 4,000 tenants
- 2483 units
What we Offer
- Market Rent Housing: Market rent rates are based on current rates in the private market. There are 14 Housing York locations that offer market rent units, download the Housing York Market Rent Application package
- Subsidized Housing: Subsidized housing is available for people that are unable to afford full market rent and who qualify for subsidy
- Housing York Locations. Select the Housing York Inc. box on the Housing Locations page to view the list of Housing York Inc. buildings only
- Housing York Inc. Tenant Information: Housing York listens to its tenants and keeps them engaged through consistent customer service and communication
We also work with many community agencies to provide support and services to Housing York tenants:
- Canadian Hearing Society
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Community Care Access Centre
- Community Home Assistance to Seniors
- Community Living Newmarket/Aurora District
- March of Dimes
- LOFT Community Services
- York South Community Living
What Makes us Different from Other Market Rent Providers?
- Defined response time for maintenance and repairs
- Close to amenities and local transit
- After hours emergency maintenance service
- Culturally diverse communities and community partnerships
- Strategic Plan in place to build strong communities
For more information call 905-898-1007 or toll free 1-877-464-9675 Ext. 72700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to apply for a Housing York Inc. Market Rent unit, download the Housing York Market Rent Application package.
Documents are available in an accessible format or with communication supports upon request.
- Housing York Inc. 2017-2020 Plan: Achieving New Heights Through Innovation and Sustainability - This plan outlines Housing York’s directions for 2017 to 2020 and the actions that will be taken to achieve them
- Housing York Inc. 2017 Business Plan and Budget
- Housing York 2015 Annual Report
- Landlord and Tenant Board
- Community Legal Clinic of York Region
- Ontario Human Rights Commission, Policy on Human Rights and Rental Housing
- The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada
- Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Housing Services Corporation
- Central Local Health Integration Network
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Housing York Inc.
1091 Gorham Street, Unit #104