Aurora Sewer Rehabilitation
The Regional Municipality of York is working in your community, rehabilitating a section of the gravity sewer and maintenance holes at the intersections of Yonge Street and Bloomington Road and Yonge Street and Worthington Avenue. The work will extend the life of the sewer and maintenance holes and ensure critical wastewater services are continually provided to the community.
When: December 2021 to summer 2022
What Can You Expect?
- There will be lane restrictions that may cause traffic disruptions near the Yonge Street and Bloomington Road and Yonge Street and Worthington Avenue intersections. Directional signage will be posted and staff will be on-site, as needed, to help with the movement of traffic and reduce any delays.
- YRT/Viva bus service will be maintained, however the Yonge Street and Bloomington Road Viva Station #9796 and the Yonge Street and Worthington Avenue YRT bus stop #2504 will be temporarily relocated. Access to the fare machine at the Bloomington Road Viva Station #9796 will be kept. Riders are encouraged to visit yrt.ca or call 1-866-668-3978 with any questions about the service or schedule
- Temporary sidewalks will be installed and directional signage will be in place to help guide pedestrians
- Due to the nature of the work, there will be some construction-related noise and dust from the equipment and trucks, though every effort to minimize this will be made
- Access to all homes and buildings will be maintained
- There is no impact to your water or wastewater services
As with all construction projects, some work may be rescheduled due to weather or other conditions. Thank you for your patience while we complete this vital work. Visit york.ca/waterconstruction for more information about water and wastewater construction projects.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Senior Project Manager
1-877-464-9675 ext. 75195
Safety is the Region’s top priority. As we monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation in York Region, we continue to deliver essential services while staying current with all health and safety related information and complying with guidelines related to COVID-19 published by the Ontario Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development and York Region Public Health.