275 Woodbridge Avenue Site Redevelopment
The Regional Municipality of York worked with VanMar Constructors, a design/build development partner, to redevelop three properties located on Woodbridge Avenue, in the City of Vaughan.
The existing buildings had reached the end of their useful life and would need substantial upgrades and investment to best meet health and safety standards, and the long-term needs of the community. Rather than invest in aging buildings, Housing York Inc., York Region’s non-profit housing corporation, redeveloped these properties into a new, affordable housing building.
The new mixed-income building will offer affordable housing for families, individuals and seniors. The building will complement the local community and increase economic activity in downtown Woodbridge.
Woodbridge Lane market rentals: now renting one, two and three-bedroom market rent units!
Woodbridge Lane has a limited amount of one, two and three-bedroom units available for market rent:
- One-bedroom suites starting at $1,225
- Two-bedroom suites starting at $1,800
- Three-bedroom suites starting at $2,150
If you are interested in a market rent unit at Woodbridge Lane, you must visit Market Rent with Housing York to sign up for the subscriber’s list. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions document for further information about the rental process for Woodbridge Lane.
- Six storeys with 162 units
- Accessible units
- Street-level commercial/community service space
- Amenity spaces
- Indoor and outdoor play areas for children
- Central heating and air conditioning
- Improved lighting
The redevelopment project at 275 Woodbridge Avenue will be named “Woodbridge Lane”.
Woodbridge Lane is in its final stage of construction. Finishing touches are ongoing, including installation of the common area furniture, window coverings, and playground equipment.
Community Liaison Committee
A Community Liaison Committee was established to provide an additional forum for feedback from immediate neighbours, business owners and other stakeholders on local issues that affect the design, development and construction phases of the Woodbridge Redevelopment Project. If you are interested in being a part of the committee, please email @email
- Community Liaison Committee Meeting 10 – Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- Community Liaison Committee Meeting 9 – Monday, November 12, 2018
- Community Liaison Committee Meeting 8 – Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- Community Liaison Committee Meeting 7 – Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- Community Liaison Committee Meeting 6 – Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Community Liaison Committee Meeting 5 – Monday, September 18, 2017
- Community Liaison Committee Meeting 4 – Monday, June 5, 2017
- Community Liaison Committee Meeting 3 – Thursday, February 23, 2017
- Community Liaison Committee Meeting 2 – Thursday, November 17, 2016
The Regional Municipality of York
1-877-464-9675 Ext. 72735
Applying for a subsidized housing unit in York Region
To apply for subsidized housing you must complete an application form.
To get the application form you can:
- Download an application form, print the form
- Pick up an application form from Housing Access, 17310 Yonge St, Unit 9, Newmarket, ON L3Y 7R8
- Call Access York at 1-877-464-9675 to have an application form mailed to you
Mail completed forms to:
York Region Housing Access
17310 Yonge St, Unit 9
Newmarket, ON L3Y 7R8
Please note: The redevelopment of 275 Woodbridge (Woodbridge Lane) replaces two existing social housing communities in the City of Vaughan. Applicants who were on the waiting list for the former buildings will be added to the waiting list for the new building, with their original application dates. New applicants should be aware that the demand for subsidized housing in York Region is high and wait times are long. If you are not on the subsidized housing waiting list already, it may be unlikely that you will be offered a unit at Woodbridge Lane when it opens.
For more information about applying for a subsidized housing unit in York Region, call 1-877-464-9675.