Online eChat Disclaimer
Welcome to York Region Public Health’s online eChat.
This Service is a free service for York Region residents which you can use to speak to a registered nurse about your pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, and post-partum health including your mental health and wellness; the health and wellbeing of your baby or young child; parenting; breastfeeding; or your child’s growth and development.
Our eChat services are available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (excluding statutory holidays).
- The Regional Municipality of York Public Health eChat service (the Service) allows you to chat on–line with a registered nurse. This Service is not appropriate if you are in a crisis situation. If this is an emergency, please contact 911. The nurses on this chat can offer recommendations to support you and your family, however, they do not diagnose illnesses or provide medical advice. You may call or may be referred to Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 for non-emergency medical advice.
- Every effort is made to ensure the information provided by the Service is accurate, current and reliable.
- This is an anonymous service. If you choose to provide York Region with personal and/or personal health information, choosing “I agree” will be your consent to such information being collected and used by York Region Public Health to respond to your inquiries and to assure quality service. York Region Public Health is governed by privacy legislation. Our Information Practices Statement is available online.
- We make every effort to protect your privacy at all times; however, communications over the internet may be subject to interception or loss that is beyond the control of York Region. York Region Public Health cannot guarantee the security of any transmission of data across the internet.
- York Region Public Health is not responsible for and will not be liable to you or to anyone else for any damages whatsoever, including any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with your use or inability to use the Website, even if York Region has been advised of the possibilities of such damages.
- York Region Public Health eChat Service is an anonymous service. Copies of transcripts cannot be provided by York Region Public Health after the counselling session is terminated. Clients who would like to keep a copy of their eChat session must make a copy themselves, by either downloading the transcript, emailing the transcript to themselves or by printing it themselves.
Need more information? If you have questions about this service, call 1-877-464-9675 ext.74828