Celebrate Seniors Month by staying active, connected and safe
This June, we are celebrating seniors! Recognized all over Ontario, Seniors Month is a time to celebrate the important contributions of older adults and the impacts they have made and continue to make within our communities.
The 2022 theme is Stay Active, Connected, and Safe.
- Stay connected through social, cultural, learning, volunteer and recreational programs
- Stay safe through vaccination, fall prevention, community supports and protection from financial scams and fraud
Seniors are the fastest-growing age group in York Region and approximately 200,000 seniors call York Region home. We encourage all residents to reach out this month and connect with the older adults who have shaped our communities and made a meaningful difference in our personal, professional and community life.
York Region remains committed to supporting the health and well-being of our aging population through the York Region Seniors Strategy and a variety of programs and services including:
- Adult Day Programs
- Support services to help seniors continue to live independently
- Long-term care homes
- Mental health consultations
- Seniors dental program
- Healthy aging and fall prevention
To learn more visit york.ca/seniors