Langstaff Watermain Decommissioning and Construction
The Regional Municipality of York is working in your community, decommissioning an aging ductile iron watermain along Langstaff Road. As part of the work, new connections to the watermain will be constructed or replaced at three intersections on Langstaff Road, between Keele Street and Dufferin Street.
When: November to summer 2022
What can you expect?
- There will be periodic impacts to your water services; advanced notice will be provided before any planned water service interruption work begins
- During the day, there will be temporary curb lane restrictions and delays for the duration of the project. Traffic monitoring flag staff will be on-site, as needed, to help with the movement of traffic and reduce delays
- There is no impact to YRT transit service or bus stop locations
- Periodically there will be limited access to driveways and entrances throughout the project. The timing of the work temporarily affecting driveways or entrances will be coordinated in advance with the property owners
- Due to the nature of the work, there will be additional construction-related traffic, noise and dust from the equipment and trucks, though every effort to minimize this will be made
- The area will be fully restored when the work is complete
Thank you for your patience while we complete this vital work. As with all construction projects, some work may be re-scheduled due to weather or other conditions. Visit york.ca/waterconstruction for more information about water and wastewater construction projects.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Tom Millis, Senior Project Manager
York Region, Environmental Services
Safety is the Region’s top priority. As we monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation in York Region, we continue to deliver essential services while staying current with all health and safety-related information and complying with guidelines related to COVID-19 published by the Ontario Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development and York Region Public Health.