Major Mackenzie Drive East from Warden Avenue to McCowan Road
Major Mackenzie Drive in City of Markham
Transportation improvements prepare York Region to meet the needs of motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and transit users today and into the future. York Region is making improvements to Major Mackenzie Drive East from Warden Avenue to McCowan Road.
- Road improvements
- Partial removal and replacement of asphalt road surface
- Catch basin repairs and replacements
- Improvements to guide rails that direct vehicles back to the roadway and away from potentially hazardous situations
- Intersection improvements
- Upgrading traffic control signals and illumination; there will be temporary traffic control signals during construction
- Other improvements to meet Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) requirements such as audible pedestrian signals and tactile walking surface indicators to alert people with low or no vision of an upcoming intersection
- Crosswalk ramp reconstruction at signalized and non-signalized intersections
Mid-May 2022 until November 2022
Impacts to travellers:
- Weekdays and weekends from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The road will remain open to through traffic; however, lane restrictions will be required to complete road improvements
Access to homes and businesses will be maintained
As with all road construction projects, work may be rescheduled due to weather. York Region will provide advance notice where possible.
We understand road construction creates challenges for the community and we are working to deliver this project with minimal disruption. Thank you for your patience during the construction period.
If you have any questions or concerns, staff will be pleased to respond. Contact us using any method noted below and quote “Major Mackenzie Drive: Warden to McCowan” in your inquiry.
Accessible formats of this notice and communication supports are available upon request.
York Region Transportation Operations, Public Works
Phone: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75000
After hours emergency: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75200