Aurora Yonge Street Feedermain - Notice of Construction
The Regional Municipality of York is rehabilitating and replacing sections of an aging water feedermain along Yonge Street from Murray Drive and Edward Street to Ridge Road, in the Town of Aurora. A water feedermain is a large pressurized pipe that moves water. The work is required to extend the life of the feedermain and makes sure critical water services are continually provided.
When: February to summer 2023
What You Can Expect:
- Sections of the feedermain will need to be replaced and to complete the work, water services may periodically be interrupted and/or a temporary water network may be required; advanced notice of any water service interruption or changes will be provided
- York Region Transit service will be maintained; however, the boarding location of the northbound Yonge Street and Henderson Drive bus stop#9798 will shift slightly. Access to the fare machine at the Yonge Street and Henderson Drive bus stop will be maintained; York Region Transit bus stop #1736 on Yonge Street, south of Edward Street will be temporarily closed and York Region Transit buses will service the next available bus stop #1738. Riders are encouraged to visit yrt.ca or call 1-866-668-3978 with any questions about the service
- The sidewalks along Yonge Street between Ridge Road and Edward Street will be maintained; however, temporary sidewalks may be installed, as needed and directional signage will be in place to help guide pedestrians
- Access to Ridge Road will be limited to local residents and emergency services only; local residents will be able to access Ridge Road through Glensteeple Trail
- There will be some construction-related vibrations, noise and dust from the equipment and trucks; every effort to minimize this will be made
- Working hours are Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; overnight and weekend work may be needed and advance notice will be provided
Thank you for your patience while we complete this vital work. As with all construction projects, some work may be rescheduled due to weather or other conditions. For more information about water and wastewater construction projects, visit york.ca/waterconstruction.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Senior Project Manager
York Region, Public Works