Henderson Sewage Pumping Station - Construction Update - Microtunnelling
The Regional Municipality of York is constructing the new Henderson Sewage Pumping Station near the Yonge Street and Industrial Parkway South intersection in the Town of Aurora.
Installing the last sewer pipe section from Work Area 3 to Work Area 2 will begin in mid-January. The sewer pipe will be installed using microtunnelling construction technology.
Microtunnelling is a construction method where a machine will tunnel underground between the work areas, installing a sewer pipe approximately 10 metres below the surface. The use of microtunnelling minimizes the impact on the environment, residents and local traffic.
When: January to April 2023
What are the impacts:
- The intersection at Poplar Crescent and Henderson Drive (Work Area 2) will remain temporarily closed; residents and local traffic can access Poplar Crescent through the eastbound entrance on Henderson Drive
- The sidewalk near the Poplar Crescent and Henderson Drive intersection will remain temporarily closed; directional signs are in place to help guide pedestrians
- There will be increased construction-related traffic around Work Area 2; traffic control measures are in place to help with the movement of traffic
- There will be some construction-related vibrations, noise and dust from the equipment and trucks; every effort to minimize this will be made; noise and vibration monitoring equipment will be installed along the microtunnelling route and near the work areas
- Periodically, overnight work may be required; advanced notice will be provided if overnight work is required
- Access to all homes and buildings will be maintained and there is no impact to your water or wastewater services
Thank you for your patience while we complete this vital work. As with all construction projects, some work may be rescheduled due to weather or other conditions. For more information about water and wastewater construction projects, visit york.ca/waterconstruction.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Jose Manalo, P.Eng., PMP