Keswick Sewage Pumping Station Upgrades and New Sanitary Forcemains
The Regional Municipality of York is working in the community upgrading the Keswick Sewage Pumping Station. As part of the upgrades, two new sanitary forcemains are being built, connecting the Keswick Sewage Pumping Station to the Keswick Water Resource Recovery Facility. The forcemains will be installed using a trenchless technology referred to as microtunnelling.
The construction of the new forcemains along Springwater Drive is underway. To support the construction activities a temporary above ground bypass pipe will be installed along the north side of Richmond Park Drive and Springwater Drive. When installed, the bypass pipe will remain in place until the end of 2022.
When? Work on installing the bypass pipe has begun and will continue through the weekend of July 23 to July 24, 2022. Work will be done during the day.
What Can You Expect?
- The temporary bypass pipe will be installed under driveways along the route. Any work impacting driveways will be coordinated with the individual property owners, before the work begins
- Access to all homes and buildings will be maintained and there will be no impact to your water or wastewater services
- The Queensway South and Richmond Park Drive will remain open to traffic. Springwater Drive will be open to local traffic
- There will be construction-related noise due to the operation of equipment during the installation of the bypass pipe.
- All disturbed areas will be restored to existing conditions following the removal of the bypass.
Thank you for your patience while we complete this vital work. As with all construction projects, some work may be re-scheduled due to weather or other conditions. Visit york.ca/waterconstruction for more information about water and wastewater construction projects.
Health and safety are the Region’s top priorities. As we monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation in York Region, we continue to deliver essential services while staying current with all health and safety-related information and complying with guidelines related to COVID-19 published by the Ontario government and York Region Public Health.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Senior Project Manager Environmental Services, Public Works
1-877-464-9675 ext. 75075
Contract Administrator Environmental Services, Public Works