YONGE STREET AND INDUSTRIAL PARKWAY SOUTH - NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL TEMPORARY INTERSECTION CLOSURE
The Regional Municipality of York is rehabilitating and replacing sections of an aging water feedermain along Yonge Street from Murray Drive and Edward Street to Ridge Road in the Town of Aurora.
Additional work is needed to install and connect a new section of the water feedermain pipe across the intersection
Temporary intersection closure: Saturday, March 25, 2023, to Sunday, March 26, 2023, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
What You Can Expect:
- Paid traffic duty officers will be on-site and digital signs will be in place to help with traffic movement; please slow down when travelling in the area and follow the posted detour signage
- Local and emergency services access to all businesses along Industrial Parkway South between Yonge Street and Vandorf Sideroad will be maintained
- As part of the work, a temporary right turn restriction at the intersection from Industrial Parkway South to Yonge Street is in place
- York Region Transit (YRT) service will be maintained; however, northbound bus stop #4678 located on Yonge Street, south of Industrial Parkway South is out of service; YRT buses will service the next available stop, #9798 at Allaura Boulevard; travellers can call the YRT Contact Centre at 1-866-668-3978 or visit yrt.ca for schedule information
- There will be increased construction-related traffic around the work area
- Follow-up work on the forcemain may require the intersection to be temporarily closed in the future; advanced notice will be provided
- There are no planned impacts to your water or wastewater services
We understand that temporary lane closures are disruptive; thank you for your patience while we complete this vital work. As with all construction projects, some work may be rescheduled due to weather or other conditions.
For more information about the Aurora Yonge Street Feedermain Project and other water and wastewater construction projects, visit york.ca/waterconstruction. Follow us on social @YorkRegionGovt on Facebook and Twitter using #YRRoads.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Senior Project Manager
York Region, Public Works