York Region honoured as one of Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes
The Regional Municipality of York is recognized by Forbes on its list of Canada’s Best Employers 2024 for the fourth consecutive year.
Forbes and Statista selected Canada's Best Employers 2024 based on independent surveys of over 40,000 employees working part-time or fulltime for companies employing at least 500 people in Canada. Survey respondents were asked to rate their employer based on a range of criteria including salary, pay-equity, work flexibility and on-the-job training.
Benefits to working at York Region include:
- An emphasis on programs and initiatives centered around diversity and inclusion, grounded in the Inclusion Charter of York Region and a specialized Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility team helping ensure all voices are heard and represented
- A commitment to supporting employee health and well-being with accessible resources and supportive benefits
- A focus on raising awareness of mental health, reducing stigma surrounding mental illness and encouraging open dialogue among staff
- Opportunities for employees to grow and develop new skills through continuous learning and education
- A healthy work-life balance and flexible work options where available
York Region continues to be recognized year after year for a dynamic corporate culture with forward-thinking talent who successfully deliver a variety of Regional public services including water and wastewater servicing, roads and transit to name a few.
York Region joins several other local businesses and organizations across our nine cities and towns who were also recognized as some of Canada’s Best Employers for 2024, including the City of Markham. This reinforces York Region as a destination of choice for attracting a strong and highly skilled workforce that helps drive business growth and economic vitality.
Visit york.ca/careers to find employment opportunities with York Region.