Notice of Pile Driving - Henderson Sewage Pumping Station
The Regional Municipality of York continues the construction of the new Henderson Sewage Pumping Station in your community.
Construction began in September 2021 and includes building:
- A new sewer along Henderson Drive using a trenchless technology called microtunnelling
- A new sewage pumping station on Yonge Street south of Henderson Drive
- Twin forcemains from the Henderson Sewage Pumping Station to south of Elderberry Trail/Hunters Glen Road
Deep Foundation Construction and Pile Driving
When: Beginning March 23 to mid April, 2022
The next phase of construction requires York Region to begin building the deep foundation for the sewage pumping station which requires the installation of steel piles into the ground to support the facility. Pile driving is a proven construction technique and is commonly used for bridges and large structures. The pile driving work will happen, between 7a.m. and 5p.m., Monday to Friday.
What Can You Expect?
- The pile driving work is expected to generate noise and minimal vibration when a pile is being driven into the ground. The sound would be similar to metal pipe being hit
- The noise and vibration from the pile driving activities is expected to impact the properties within a 100 metre radius from the sewage pumping station site on Yonge Street. The noise level for these properties would be similar to the operation of a household garbage disposal unit or vacuum cleaner
- York Region will be monitoring the noise levels and vibration generated. York Region staff will periodically be on-site at Cottonwood Hollow Court to answer any questions.
Thank you for your patience while we complete this vital work. As with all construction projects, some work may be rescheduled
due to weather or other conditions. Visit york.ca/waterconstruction for more information about water and wastewater construction projects.
Safety is a priority for York Region. We continue to deliver essential services while staying current with all health and safety related information and complying with guidelines related to COVID-19 published by the Ontario Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development and York Region Public Health.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Jose Manalo, P.Eng., PMP