Kennedy Road north of Mount Albert Road
Transportation improvements prepare York Region to meet the needs of motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and transit users today and into the future. York Region is replacing a bridge on Kennedy Road north of Mount Albert Road in the Town of East Gwillimbury.
Due to unforeseen site conditions, the temporary road closure of Kennedy Road from Mount Albert Road to Doane Road will be extended until Sunday, March 31, 2024. Work to replace the bridge continues and York Region will provide notification when the road reopens.
As with all road construction projects, work may be rescheduled due to weather. York Region will provide advance notice whenever possible.
- York Region is replacing a bridge
- Bridges allow rivers, streams and wildlife to pass freely under the road
- The project will take several months to complete. During this time the road will be closed to traffic while the existing bridge is replaced
Mid-July 2023 to December 2023
Impacts to travellers:
- Weekdays and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Kennedy Road will be closed from Mount Albert Road to Doane Road from July 19, 2023, to March 31, 2024, to facilitate the bridge replacement
- Traffic will not be able to travel through the work zone during the road closure
- Local traffic is permitted, however those with residences and businesses to the north of the bridge can only access Kennedy Road from Doane Road and those to the south, only from Mount Albert Road
As with all road construction projects, work may be rescheduled due to weather. York Region will provide advance notice where possible.
We understand construction creates challenges for the community and we are working to deliver this project with minimal disruption. Thank you for your patience during the construction period.
If you have any questions or concerns, staff will be pleased to respond. Contact us using any method noted below and quote “Kennedy Road Bridge Replacement” in your inquiry.
Accessible formats of this notice and communication supports are available upon request.
York Region Transportation, Public Works
Phone: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75000
After hours emergency: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75200