King Road, east of Highway 27
Transportation improvements prepare York Region to meet the needs of motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and transit users today and into the future. York Region is making culvert improvements on King Road, east of highway 27.
- Culverts allow water, such as streams or storm water, and wildlife to pass freely under the road
- York Region is repairing an existing culvert to address a sinkhole in the road shoulder/boulevard
July 2023 until September 2023
Impacts to travellers:
- Weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The road will remain open to through traffic; however, temporary lane reductions/closures may be required
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained
As with all road construction projects, work may be rescheduled due to weather. York Region will provide advance notice where possible.
We understand construction creates challenges for the community and we are working to deliver this project with minimal disruption. Thank you for your patience during the construction period.
If you have any questions or concerns, staff will be pleased to respond. Contact us using any method noted below and quote “King Road culvert improvements” in your inquiry.
Accessible formats of this notice and communication supports are available upon request.
York Region Transportation, Public Works
Phone: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75000
After hours emergency: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75200