Replacement of Nobleton Production Well #3
The Regional Municipality of York will be working in the community of Nobleton, constructing a new groundwater production well that will replace the current well located at a York Region owned property at 14 Royal Avenue. The new groundwater production well will help restore lost water capacity and provide system redundancy to the groundwater supply system.
When: February to October 2022
What Can You Expect?
- Due to the nature of the work, there will be increased construction-related traffic and construction-related noise and dust from the equipment; every effort to minimize this will be made
- There may be lane restrictions on Royal Avenue; flag persons will be on-site, as needed, to help with the movement of traffic and reduce delays
- Temporary bypass piping may be installed on the roadside to help with draining water from the well
- Access to all homes will be maintained and there are no planned impacts to your water or wastewater services
- As part of preparing the site to construct the new well, York Region staff and forestry experts will be on-site monitoring the removal or trimming of some of the trees; when the construction work is complete, the area will be restored and native trees will be planted
Thank you for your patience while we complete this vital work. As with all construction projects, some work may be re-scheduled due to weather or other conditions. Visit york.ca/waterconstruction for more information about water and wastewater construction projects.
Safety is the Region’s top priority. As we monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation in York Region, we continue to deliver essential services while staying current with all health and safety-related information and complying with guidelines related to COVID-19 published by the Ontario Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development and York Region Public Health.
If you have any questions, please contact: