Stouffville Road from Yonge Street to Bayview Avenue
Stouffville Road in the City of Richmond Hill
Transportation improvements prepare York Region to meet the needs of motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and transit users today and into the future. York Region is making improvements to Stouffville Road from Yonge Street to Bayview Avenue.
- A road preservation treatment, called microsurfacing, will be applied to Stouffville Road
- It is a common and cost-effective way to maintain and treat roads with minor defects and can extend the life of a road up to eight years
- Optimal timing for this treatment is six to eight years after the road has been resurfaced
- The road surface can feel rougher and sound noisier after the treatment but overtime, the stones will knead together and the surface will become quieter
May 2022 until September 2022
Impacts to Travellers:
- Weekdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Temporary lane closures will be required to complete road surface improvements
As with all road construction projects, work may be rescheduled due to weather. York Region will provide advance notice where possible.
We understand road construction creates challenges for the community and we are working to deliver this project with minimal disruption. Thank you for your patience during the construction period.
If you have any questions or concerns, staff will be pleased to respond. To better assist you, please quote “Stouffville Road Improvements” in your inquiry.
Accessible formats of this notice and communication supports are available upon request.
Transportation Operations, Public Works
Phone: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75000
After hours emergency: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75200