Wellington Street West from Bathurst Street to Yonge Street
Transportation improvements prepare York Region to meet the needs of motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and transit users today and into the future. York Region is making improvements to Wellington Street West from Bathurst Street to Yonge Street.
- A road preservation treatment, called microsurfacing, will be applied to Wellington Street West
- It is a common and cost-effective way to maintain and treat roads with minor defects and can extend the life of a road up to eight years
- Optimal timing for this treatment is six to eight years after the road has been resurfaced
- The road surface can feel rougher and sound noisier after the treatment, but over time, the stones will knead together and the surface will become quieter
Late May 2022 until late June 2022
Impacts to travellers:
- Weekdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Weekends from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Temporary lane closures will be required to complete road improvements.
As with all road construction projects, work may be rescheduled due to weather. York Region will provide advance notice where possible.
We understand road construction creates challenges for the community and we are working to deliver this project with minimal disruption. Thank you for your patience during the construction period.
If you have any questions or concerns, staff will be pleased to respond. Contact us using any method noted below and quote “Wellington Street West improvements” in your inquiry.
Accessible formats of this notice and communication supports are available upon request.
York Region Transportation Operations, Public Works
Phone: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75000
After hours emergency: 1-877-464-9675 ext. 75200