Fees and Charges for Services and Activities Bylaw (includes updated Schedule A)BILL NO. N/A
BYLAW NO. 2020-04
WHEREAS Section 391 of the Municipal Act, 2001 (the “Act”), provides that a municipality may pass by-laws imposing fees or charges on any class of persons for services or activities provided or done by it and for the use of its property;
AND WHEREAS Section 69 of the Planning Act, RSO 1990, c. P.13 (the "Planning Act"), provides that the Council of a municipality may by bylaw establish a tariff of fees for the processing of applications made in respect of planning matters;
The Council of The Regional Municipality of York hereby enacts as follows:
- Every person making a request for a service or an activity described in Column A of Schedule “A” attached shall pay to the Regional Corporation the fee set out in Column 3 of Schedule “A” opposite such service or activity.
- The fees and charges set out in Schedule “A” shall be adjusted on January 1 of each year in accordance with the annual Consumer Price Index and the fees and charges so adjusted shall be rounded to:
- the nearest dollar where the fee is less than $100;
- the nearest $10 where the fee is $100 or more but less than $1,000; and
- the nearest $100 where the fee is $1,000 or more.
- The Commissioner of Finance or designate is hereby authorized to amend the attached Schedule “A” from time to time to add new fees and charges approved by Regional Council, to delete fees and charges that are no longer applicable, and to reflect adjustments made under Section 2 of this bylaw.
- Schedule “A” attached forms part of this bylaw.
- Bylaw No. 2010-15 is hereby repealed.
ENACTED AND PASSED on January 30, 2020.
|Christopher Raynor||Wayne Emmerson|
|Regional Clerk||Regional Chair|
[SCHEDULE A - effective January 2, 2022]