Volunteering at a Long-Term Care Home
Come Join Our Team!
We are looking for new volunteers at both of our long-term care homes. Volunteers play a vital role in helping provide quality services to our residents. Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills, meet new people and help where there is a real need. What a great way to get involved in your community!
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Weekly activities such as bingo, arts and crafts and special events
- Monthly outings in the community
- One-to-one time with a resident
- Supporting residents in the dining room during mealtimes
- Assisting in the home (i.e. giftshop)
All volunteers will receive orientation, training, staff support, program choices and flexibility in scheduling. Orientation will include how to maintain a safe environment for everyone in the home.
Some of our residents speak other languages, so please let us know if you speak another language.
York Region long-term care home locations:
Maple Health Centre
10424 Keele Street
Newmarket Health Centre
194 Eagle Street