Seniors Dental Program
York Region facilities open - by appointment only
Four York Region facilities that provide seniors dental services are open to clients who have a booked appointment. Please note, if your appointment was cancelled, an Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program staff member will contact you to rebook, once appointments become available.
Please call 1-877-464-9675 ext.75809 to speak to a Registered Dental Hygienist or Certified Dental Assistant about the Ontario Seniors Dental Care program. The program continues to take calls and is assisting clients with emergency dental needs.
York Region Public Health is currently operating Seniors Dental clinics out of four locations for clients enrolled in the Ontario Senior Dental Care Program (OSDCP):
- 17150 Yonge Street in Newmarket
- 9060 Jane Street in Vaughan
- 20849 Dalton Road in Sutton
- 4261 Highway 7 East in Markham
Seniors on the waitlist will be called by Public Health to schedule an appointment. Thank you for your patience while we proceed through the waitlist. To enroll on the OSDCP, please go to ontario.ca/seniorsdental. If you require assistance with enrolment, you can call us at 1-877-464-9675 ext 75809. Enrolled residents must call to have their name added to the waitlist.
If you have a dental emergency, call us at 1-877-464-9675 ext 75809.
York Region Public Health is working with the Ministry of Health to provide services for the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program to eligible Ontario residents.
You can apply for the program if you:
- are 65 years of age or older
- are a resident of Ontario
- meet the income requirements:
- an annual net income of $22,200 or less for a single senior
- a combined annual net income of $37,100 or less for a couple
- have no other form of dental benefits, including private insurance or dental coverage under another government program such as Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program or Non-Insured Health Benefits
How to apply
If you require assistance with your enrollment form or would like a paper copy, please contact the Seniors Dental Care line at:
- 1-877-464-9675 ext.75809
- TTY: 1-866-512-6228
(for deaf and hard of hearing)
Once you have completed your enrollment and received your dental card, you will be able to book an appointment through the Seniors Dental Care line and access services such as:
- Oral hygiene instruction (brushing, flossing, denture care)
- Nutrition counselling related to oral health
- Fluoride varnish application
- Preventive services
- Restorative services (e.g., fillings) to repair broken teeth and cavities
- Radiographs or x-rays