York Region is one of Ontario’s leaders in public sector performance. As required by the provincial government, York Region presents its annual performance results in the Municipal Performance Measurement Program report.
View the 2011 results of the Municipal Performance Measures.
For more information about the Municipal Performance Measurement Program see the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
The Region’s positive performance is evident by:
- Consistently maintaining a superior credit rating
- Regularly winning awards for strategic planning
- Outstanding performance in such initiatives, as the Region's Transportation Master Plan, the Human Services Strategy and the Housing Supply Strategy
The Regional Municipality of York makes performance a priority by:
- Delivering services at planned levels of quantity and quality
- Demonstrating fiscal prudence
- Anticipating and planning for the future
- Maintaining a positive corporate climate and public image
Framework of Accountability
Positive performance is achieved by operating in compliance with the Region’s Framework of Accountability. This model integrates corporate strategic vision, annual budgets and individual employee work plans.
This framework ensures consistency between both short and long-term projects, programs and initiatives.
How the Framework of Accountability works:
- The Region will follow the corporate strategic Vision
- Each Council sets an individual strategic focus toward that vision
- Corporate strategic directions support that focus
- Business plan initiatives and measures align with strategic direction
- Individual employee performance and development plans support the business plan