Health Information Line - Health Connection
Public health nurses provide confidential health teaching, parenting information and referrals for the Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program, infant feeding clinics and perinatal mental health support. The program is accessed through 1-800-361-5653 or via live chat – york.ca/nursechat.
York Region Health Connection provides up-to-date, accurate public health-related information to York Region residents, organizations and health care professionals.
911 is always the first number you should call during emergency situations.
Accessing Health Connection
TTY: 1-866-512-6228 (for the deaf or hard of hearing)
Public health professionals offer confidential information and advice on public health-related topics, resources, services and other community programs, including:
- Sexual health: sexual health clinic, contraceptive, pregnancy test, STI and other information
- Family health: pregnancy, breastfeeding, maternal mental health, parenting, feeding baby and child, sleep, injury prevention (live chat now available)
- Infectious disease: disease outbreak, vaccines, school immunization and records
- Health protection: food safety, rabies, safe water, West Nile virus and health hazards
- Dental health: dental care for children and youth
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI): reports on STI or post exposure of blood-borne infections
For other topics, select Option 0 Access York. Translation services are available.
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Option to leave a voice message or email 24 hours a day
- Response on the next business day
This service is provided at no cost.
For 24 hour support from a registered nurse on medical symptoms, breastfeeding information and whether you should care for yourself or seek other medical or community services, please contact Health 811 at 1-866-797-0000, TTY: 1-866-797-0007 (for the deaf or hard of hearing) or visit health811.ontario.ca