York Region offers investors a wide range of opportunities in a favourable financial environment. York Region recommends that potential investors review the following documents: credit ratings, presentations to investors, annual reports, policies, economic and development reviews.
Credit ratings are neutral third party assessments of the financial health of The Region. Factors that affect the credit ratings of a municipality include growth, reserves assessments, tax and tax collection rates and fiscal policies and practices. Moody's and S&P Global's credit rating agencies provide credit ratings for The Regional Municipality of York.
- Moody's Credit Opinion November 30, 2023
- S&P Global's Credit Rating July 24, 2023
- Moody's Credit Opinion December 14, 2022
- S&P Global's Credit Rating July 28, 2022
- Moody’s Credit Opinion February 8, 2022
- S&P Global's Credit Rating July 29, 2021
- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of The Regional Municipality of York
Presentations to Investors
Presentations to investors include:
- Population trends
- Employment trends
- Property market
- Construction projects
- Financial forecasts
The Annual Reports include financial statements, the annual achievements of Committee and York Regional Police, statistical reviews and other related information.
Policies establish objectives, standards, instruments, reporting requirements and responsibilities for wise financing of The Region's operations as well as for intelligent management of The Region's funds and investments.
- Capital Financing and Debt Policy
- Investment Policy
- Reserve and Reserve Fund Policy
- Commodity Price Hedging Policy
Growth and Development Reviews
The Growth and Development Review of York Region provides information about economic activity and development in The Region.
For more information about investing in York Region, visit York Link website.