Student Water Conservation Programs
York Children’s Water Festival
From May 16 to 18, 2023 the York Children’s Water Festival (YCWF) will take place in person, at Bruce’s Mill Conservation Area, providing a limited number of Grade 4 students, with all abilities, the opportunity to learn about water conservation through a variety of interactive, engaging, curriculum-linked activities.
The festival aims to help students understand the importance of a clean and plentiful water supply, to respect a healthy environment and use natural resources wisely in their own school, home and community.
To support festival learning and ongoing water education, supporting resources will also be available through a virtual version of the festival, currently being planned for Fall 2023.
The YCWF is made possible through a collaboration with the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority and ClearWater Farms. These partners will continue to support the in-person and virtual 2023 festival events.
Thank you for your interest in the York Children’s Water Festival.
Registration for the 2023 in-person event is now closed.
We encourage you to take part in the virtual version of the festival which will be available in the fall. Additional information will be posted here when available.
Water and wastewater facility tours
York Region does not offer school tours of water or wastewater facilities due to health and safety concerns.
To reach the water education team please email @email
- York Region Water Towers: learn how they supply clean water to our homes, schools and communities
- Your Water: learn about the journey of your water, from source to tap
- Save Water: learn how to conserve water in and outside of your home
- Move It Video: see how water gets to your tap
- Treat It Video: find out how York Region ensures clean, safe water
- Source It Video: learn where your water comes from