Client Intervention and Support Services
Client Intervention and Support Services (CISS) is a social work service which aims to help seniors continue to live independently in their communities for as long as possible.
Social work services include:
- In-home assessment
- Information and referrals to community programs and services
- Supportive counselling
- Advocating for client’s needs and/or rights
- Helping clients access appropriate services and resources
Areas of assistance may include:
- Elder abuse
- Managing family relationships/tensions
- Age-related future planning
- Other age-related concerns
- Support for family members/caregivers
These services are available to seniors 60 years of age or older who live in York Region and meet the eligibility criteria.
This service is provided at no cost.
How to access Client Intervention and Support Services
Call 1-877-464-9675 ext. 73433.