Sexual Health Clinics
York Region Sexual Health Clinics are open by appointment
Sexual Health Clinics are open by appointment. Please call 1-800-361-5653 and a Public Health Nurse will assist you over the phone.
York Region’s Sexual Health Clinics provide the following services at no cost, in a non-judgmental and inclusive environment. A health card is not required. Clinic services include:
- Free condoms
- Pregnancy tests, counselling and referral
- Sexual health examinations
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
- HIV testing (including anonymous HIV testing and Rapid HIV testing)
- HIV Pre-exposure prophylaxis (HIV PrEP) prescriptions
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination
- Gardasil 9 vaccination
- M-pox vaccination
- Harm reduction services (needle exchange, safer smoking supplies and Naloxone)
- Low-cost contraception
- Emergency contraception
- IUD insertions (clients 30 years of age and under or without OHIP)
- Pap testing (clients 30 years of age and under or without OHIP)
Services we do not offer
The sexual health clinics do not provide services for the conditions listed below. If you would like to be seen by a health professional for any of these services, please visit your primary care provider or a walk-in clinic. In the event of an emergency, please go to your nearest hospital emergency department.
- Treatment for urinary tract infections
- Cold sores on the mouth
- Blood testing for herpes
- Menopause symptoms
- Miscarriage aftercare
- Infertility testing, treatment and counselling
- Relationship counselling
- Prenatal care
If you have a prescription on file with the sexual health clinic, you may walk in during open hours to purchase additional packages. If you require Plan B emergency contraception, it is also available for purchase without a prescription at most pharmacies.
If this is an emergency, please contact your family physician, go to a walk-in clinic, or the nearest hospital emergency department.
Clinic Hours, Locations and Booking Appointments
Clinic hours and locations are listed below. To book an appointment, the preferred choice is to:
- Call the Sexual Health Appointment and Information Line at 1-800-361-5653, then press 1
All clinic locations offer free parking.
We ask that you do your best to attend scheduled appointments. We will offer to send you a text reminder for your appointment when you book your appointment.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call clinic directly during open hours (telephone numbers are listed below) or phone the appointment line at 1-800-361-5653, then press 1 as soon as possible. If you have not shown up for two scheduled appointments you will be asked to book a same day appointment.
*Closed on Holidays
Georgina Sexual Health Clinic
20849 Dalton Road - The Link
Phone: 905-830-4444 Ext. 73385
Wednesdays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Markham Sexual Health Clinic
4261 Highway 7
Phone: 905-940-1787 Ext. 74211
Tuesdays: 12:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursdays: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Newmarket Sexual Health Clinic
17150 Yonge Street,
Phone: 905-895-4512 Ext. 74311
Mondays: 12:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesdays: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Richmond Hill Sexual Health Clinic
50 High Tech Road (2nd floor)
Richmond Hill, Ontario,
Phone: 905-762-1282 Ext. 74811
Mondays: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesdays: 12:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Vaughan Sexual Health Clinic
9060 Jane Street
Phone: 905-660-4858 Ext. 77556
Thursdays: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sexual Health Promotion
York Region offers tools to help facilitate sexual health education and promotion:
- Printed resources
- Clinic tours are available for select groups.
For more information on Sexual health promotion, please call the Sexual Health Information and Appointment Line 1-800-361-5653, then press 1 or email us at [email protected]
Services for Schools
York Region offers sexual health services to help schools educate their students:
- Consultation and curriculum supports to promote sexual health education in schools
- Consultations with public health nurses on issues relating to promoting sexual health in schools
For more information on our services to schools, visit Sexual Health Supports and Resources for Educators