Mobile Drinking Water Trailer
Thank you for your interest in the Tap’d In Mobile Water Trailer. This program is currently under review and is not accepting applications at this time.
Tap’d In is a mobile drinking water trailer available for use at public events in York Region. The Tap’d In trailer comes to your event filled with clean, refreshing municipal drinking water.
Water is delivered to guests from:
- Eight drinking fountains
- Eight water bottle-filling taps
- One self-filling dog bowls
- One wheelchair-accessible drinking tap
- Two taps with steps designed for small children
The trailer also has solar-powered lighting for evening events.
In some cases, the trailer will need to be filled on-site. York Region will coordinate with event organizers to arrange for a municipal water connection when applicable.
The Tap’d In mobile drinking water trailer is free for events that meet the eligibility requirements.
Thank you for your interest in York Region's Tap'd In Mobile, mobile drinking water trailer. For your event to be considered, it must:
- Take place in York Region between June 1 and September 30 (Please note the Tap’d In mobile water trailer is not available for events on statutory/civic holidays or holiday weekends)
- Have suitable access for the delivery, set-up and pick-up of the trailer – a site visit may be required for confirmation
- A level surface for parking the trailer
- Be a single-day event
- Not have any other accessible sources of municipal water available such as water fountains and indoor/outdoor taps
- Be public and have at least 500 people attending
- Be four hours in length or more
- Not hand out or sell bottled water at the event
Due to the volume of requests received, York Region cannot guarantee attendance at every event.
Registration must be received a minimum of 30 days in advance of the event to be considered.
Event attendance is at the sole discretion of York Region staff and will be determined by staff availability.
Along with Tap’d In, York Region may also bring a tent/table/display with Public Works materials to the event to promote Public Works initiatives.
Events will only be confirmed once York Region can confirm staff availability on the requested date. Confirmations will be sent out up to 21 days before the event, where possible.
How to Register
Thank you for your interest in the Tap’d In Mobile Water Trailer. This program is currently under review and is not accepting requests. Please continue to check this page for any updates.
If you have questions or are unsure if you are eligible, please contact @email for further information.