Accessibility Advisory Committee
The York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee (YRAAC) advises Regional Council and York Regional Police on how to make it easier for people with disabilities to use York Region's programs and services.
Committee members come from different backgrounds and most members must be people with disabilities.
The York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee Terms of Reference.
Members of the 2023 to 2026 York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee
Members of York Regional Council
- Wayne Emmerson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Regional Municipality of York (Ex-officio)
- Tom Vegh, Deputy Mayor, Town of Newmarket (YRAAC Chair)
- Naomi Davison, Regional Councillor, Town of Georgina
- Alan Ho, Regional Councillor, City of Markham
- Ahsan Musavi
- Angelo Tocco
- Beverley Barra-Berger
- Bryan Keshen
- Cheryl Davies
- Karla Malsi
- Lilian Hulme-Smith
- Lindsey Gold
- Robert DiGiovanni
- Scott Wollin
- Steve Foglia
- Vito Spatafora
Accessibility Advisory Committee 2023 Meeting Schedule
2023 York Region Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule:
- Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 22, 2023, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.