There are two types of cycling maps available:
The York Region Cycling Map shows bike lanes, boulevard multi-use paths, off-road multi-use trails, paved shoulders and bike-friendly streets in York Region. Cyclists can use the map to plan their routes.
The York Region Interactive Cycling Map provides cyclists with existing routes to help with planning bicycle trips.
York Region Cycling Map
The York Region Cycling Map was created to help cyclists plan their bicycle trips, find the best route, save time and improve the comfort of their ride. It is available electronically, as an online interactive map; printed copies are available upon request.
Electronic cycling maps are available here for viewing and printing:
- 2021-22 York Region Cycling Map – North Side (Georgina, East Gwillimbury, King)
- 2021-22 York Region Cycling Map – South Side (Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Whitchurch-Stouffville, East Gwillimbury, Aurora, Newmarket, King)
Free printed copies are available by emailing [email protected]
York Region Interactive Cycling Map
Cyclists can create their own custom cycling route with the York Region Interactive Cycling Map. York Region's interactive cycling map was created to help cyclists plan their bicycle trips. Knowing the existing cycling routes will help cyclists find the best route, save time and improve the comfort of their ride.
For more information, to request one of our maps or for assistance with the cycling apps, please contact us at:
- Phone: 1-877-464-9675 Ext. 75000
- TTY: 1-866-512-6228
- Email: @email
- Transportation and Cycling Resources
- Injury Prevention Resources
- York Cycling Handbook
- York Region Cycling Yearbook
- Left Turn Bike Boxes
- Making Tracks
- Pedestrian and Cyclists Visibility at Night
- Pedestrian Safety - Running
- Pedestrian Safety - Eye Contact
- Pedestrian Safety - Crosswalks
- How to Use Sharrows to Cycle Safely
- How to Cycle Safely Through Intersection
- Protected Bike Lanes
- Walking to School
- Winter Cycling