Child Care and Early Years Service System Plan
The 2020 to 2023 Child Care and Early Years Service System Plan is York Region’s community blueprint supporting enhanced collaboration and integration among partners to respond to children and families’ evolving needs.
It sets a vision, priorities and key actions to strengthen and integrate child care and early years services over the next four years for children from birth to age 12 and their families.
The plan’s vision is to work with partners and stakeholders to support children’s learning and development and families’ overall well-being through:
- Services that are accessible, affordable, responsive, and high-quality, and that are welcoming to all York Region children and families
- Planning decisions that are focused on outcomes, evidence-based and are financially sustainable
York Region has a strong history of supporting and investing in children and their families through a network of partnerships. The plan was developed through extensive engagement with community partners and stakeholders, including parents.
The Child Care and Early Years Service System Plan has five priorities:
- Decisions based on data
- A system that works together to plan services
- Parents, caregivers and professionals have the knowledge and capacity to support child development
- A responsive system that reflects the needs of children, families and stakeholders
- Children are included and have access to services
A Profile of Children in York Region
Understanding York Region’s children and their families is critical to helping us plan services that meet their needs. A Profile of Children in York Region includes information on children from birth to age 12 and their families and shows how our communities are changing by looking at population, languages spoken, income and program data.