Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program
The Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program (HBHC) is a home visiting program. Healthy Babies Healthy Children provides eligible families with information, support and connections to community resources.
In this program, parents are connected with a public health nurse and a family visitor. They offer support and services to meet the needs of parents on topics like:
- Having a healthy pregnancy and birth
- Connecting with their baby
- How children grow and develop and what care givers can do to help
- Being a parent
- Breastfeeding, food and healthy nutrition
- Taking care of themselves and their family
- Other services available to care givers and their child in the community
Parents work with their support team to decide which topics to cover in the home visits.
Referral form for Child and Family Health Programs
This service is provided at no cost.
This program is offered to women and their families:
- When they are pregnant
- After the birth of a child
- Until their children start school
Women and their families who feel they might benefit from the HBHC program are encouraged to contact Health Connection to find out if they are eligible:
TTY: 1-866-512-6228 (for the deaf or hard of hearing)
Email: [email protected]
New digital service for wellness during pregnancy and early parenthood