Public Health Safety Measures
York Region continues to follow Provincial recommendations to stay healthy this respiratory illness season, including staying up to date on COVID-19, flu and RSV vaccines when eligible.
It is important to follow public health safety measures and recommendations to protect yourselves and others, especially during respiratory illness season:
- Staying up to date on your COVID-19 and flu vaccines
- Wear a tight-fitting, well-constructed mask in indoor public settings, especially anyone at higher risk of severe infection
- Screen daily for signs of illness and stay at home when you are sick
- Wash your hands often
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces
For more information, refer to protecting yourself and others from COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses.
(for deaf and hard of hearing)