South Maple Reservoir Upgrades
The Regional Municipality of York will be working in your community upgrading the South Maple Reservoir located at 10588 Keele Street. The work includes replacing two reservoir access houses, the security fence, and waterproofing membrane on top of the reservoir. The two underground reservoir cells will also be upgraded. These upgrades will enhance the health and safety conditions of the reservoir for staff and extend the life of the facility.
When: August 2021 to April 2023
What Can You Expect?
- Working hours are Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- All the work will happen in the South Maple Reservoir property
- There will be increased construction related traffic in and out of the site
- Additional accesses to the reservoir property will be through the security fence on Rosanna Crescent
- There will be some construction-related noise and dust, though every effort to minimize this will be made
- There is no impact to your water services
Thank you for your patience while we complete this vital work. As with all construction projects, some work may be re-scheduled due to weather or other conditions. Visit york.ca/waterconstruction for more information about water and wastewater construction projects.
Safety is the Region’s top priority. As we monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation in York Region, we continue to deliver essential services while staying current with all health and safety-related information and complying with guidelines related to COVID-19 published by the Ontario Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development and York Region Public Health.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Allanna Yahoda, P.Eng.